Wednesday, November 05, 2008

sex n d ct

I always thought I have the potential to be a runaway bride. From being afraid to get tied down to feeling totally fine and ready for the moment, suddenly it struck me, it does not seems to be the case.

I have been watching sex and the city last few months and I’ve finished the entire season lately. Last night, I watched the movie too. It feels kinda nice to see the characters again and somehow it feels that ‘ I know these people’, ‘ I know their lives’ just like when I was reading Harry Potter, when Dumbledore was killed, it feels as though ‘man, I’ve been following him since since year one and now he is gone’..those kinda of similar feelings. It’s actually nice to see them again. ( I’m not crazy k)

Anyway, back to the movie. In the movie, Carrie finally get to marry to Big and at the beginning of the movie, Big actually ran away even though he had reached at the library for their wedding (they held their wedding at a library, don’t ask me why- it’s a long story) he freaked out and left Carrie standing there in her wedding gown and anticipating for an unforgettable wedding… indeed.

There was this part when Big realized his mistake and he took a u-turn to go back to the library and there he saw the bride’s car pass by. Both cars stop at the middle of the road with Carrie came down and headed towards Big. I was kinda expecting Carrie to give him a BIG slap across the face and instead she used her bouquet of flowers hitting him so hard, that I can feel her pain across the laptop. Damn. Additional to that, right after she hit Big, she throw herself into Charlotte and when Big tried to get close, Charlotte was pointing at him and yelling ‘NO!’. Her ‘NO’ kinda hit it right at the place. Yes, that is the exact reaction and she portrayed so well that I can feel the hut through my laptop again. No prize for those who guess it right, yes, I cried like shit.

I can’t imagine myself standing there in my dream wedding gown, anticipating the arrival of my groom to join me in my dream wedding and then end up waiting waiting waiting and waiting…… I can’t imagine it at all when I thought I was the only one having to get myself mentally and emotionally prepared to get married, that I had totally forgotten about the groom. Will he run away just like BIG? Damn.. this sucks..

It is a great movie if you are a fan and I must say, the actresses and actors were good.. very good, afterall they managed to stun me though the…laptop.

p/s: man, I can really get so into a movie and books..pull me out from there pls……

2 comments:

  1. oh. I love sex and the city alot. But i thik i started the sequence wrong. I saw the movie first 2 monthsw ago and then only start watching the TV series. I have just finished the second season, now going to get the third. Charlotte is kinda cute but I like Samantha a lot. Actually I love the setting of the story the best! yes. New york city. hehe. anyways, It's something good to watch in a quiet afternoon, well at least i thought so.

    ReplyDelete