Friday, October 10, 2008

Elder bro Jerry's ROM in Spore - Part 2

WARNING..THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG LONG POST and A POST WITH LOTS OF PHOTOS!


September 2008
Bro : Hey 2nd Oct free kah?
Sha : Can a..raya ma..y?
Bro : I’m getting engage on that day, see if you can come over to spore….


And so I took a day leave on 3rd Oct, informed Ping that bro’s is getting engaged and it’s time to start for some preparation. On top my list, diet..haih.. hehehe After few weeks of stairs climbing, dinner skipping and green tea sipping, I did shed some fat though not much but ok-la, just enough to avoid long lost relative looking at me and Uuu, Aaaa and the Waaaaaa “ Kai Sim, long time didn’t see you d.. wah so big girl already a, wah you gained weight o, must diet le, fat girl no one will like one neh..” Waliew, I might be fat but I have boobs which you don’t kakakakakaka joking joking.

30th Sept 2008
Anyway, back to the story, myself and ping depart from KL to JB on 30 OCT 2008 carrying flu and cough with us.. I was not feeling well actually but luckily I have ping to take care of me. We reached ping’s house that day and we spent a night in JB b4 going to Spore the following day.

1ST Oct 2008
The last time I went to Spore was in May 2008 and the last time Ping went to Spore was 6 years ago. However, this is the first time both of us will be travelling to Spore from JB using public transport, i.e the local express bus. We usually take express bus straight from KL to Spore or Taiping to Spore where we will get down and got up the same bus when we reach the immigration. The bus driver will make sure you are in the bus before the depart and as from JB to Spore is like taking normal transit bus where you purchase a RM2.50 bus ticket and the bus will not wait for you. However, you can wait at the bus stop for the next express bus to come by.

After jumping up and down from bus, we reached Bugis street Spore and after a call for my elder bro for direction, off we went to the nearest MRT station to take a train to Aljunied (where both my bros stay). It’s always nice to be with Ping in a foreign place and both of us have no idea which direction to go to but we will both try to find the way through map or asking the people around. Its especially nice to have Ping leading me.

We reached Aljunied and my whole family was already there. Father, mother, Jerry, Barry and Sheau Hooi. Syiok nia!!!!! ALL SICKNESS ARE GONE BY THEN! HEHEHE..

That night we check-in to a chalet in Alaho Changi then dinner with Sheau Hooi’s family. Both her parents, sister, bro and her niece were there. An in-laws dinner hehehe


2nd Oct 2008
Tada! The day has come. Mum woke us up at 6.30am morning and we woke up at 8am instead kakaka bath, change and we are ready. Leng chai, leng lui sekalian are all fully dressed for my elder bro’s and sheau hooi’s big day. We reached the temple at about 9.35am and the master is already there waiting for us. Remembering the other time when Jerry MSN-ed me saying:

Jerry : er.. our registration will be at a temple like Tien Hou Kong
Sha : OK! So? You scared I cannot go in izzit? - ( My family thinks I’ve converted to Christianity)
Jerry : You know la.. different Boss ma…
Sha : *sweat*

So after saying ‘ I Do ’ ‘ You Do’..SMILE!! CHEERS!! SNAP SNAP SNAP .. and off we went to have Japanese Lunch Buffet. YUM YUM~~
There we eat eat, snap snap, tok tok , laugh laugh and eat eat again..

We went back to our chalet and take a quick nap before having steamboat and BBQ at night. I love BBQ~~ and of course mahjong hehehe It’s MAHJONG TIME after the dinner!!! Lady luck was not with me that night, I lost SGD 18 which is about RM43.56. But luckily Ping won SGD15 hehehe so he kinda save me in that sense. In the end, I’ve lost SGD3 and he won nothing KAKAKAKAKA

3rd Oct 2008.
Checked out from chalet, head home to Aljunied. Bought lunch from the nearby stalls at my bro’s apartment. Take an afternoon walk with Ping. Love it and dinner with family at night near Suntec City. Shop a bit but I did not manage to buy anything except for few ASTRO BOY t-shirt at SGD8 per piece though. Lepak at food center near bro’s apartment with mum, dad Ping and Barry. Drink some beer, took some finger foods and brisk walking home..the breeze that night was lovely..simply lovely..

4th Oct 2008
Time to head back to JB. However, b4 we go back, we took our lunch at my aunt’s place in Spore and shop a bit at BUGIS STREET MARKET hehehe. Reached JB at about 8pm at night dinner with Ping’s family and that’s it, night night, sweet dreams~

We went home to KL the next day after meeting Ping's buddy Harry. I was totally recovered from my cold and feeling somewhat feeling happy and sweet. It’s always great being with my family with laughter and jokes going on all the time. On top of that, it’s so nice to c my bro settling down with a lovely wife and what’s more exciting is that we can now start looking forward for a little ‘HO’ in the family hehehe pressure nia hehehe

Aside, having Ping joining our family’s gathering this time was a lovely experience for both of us. Ping feel comfortable with my family and he actually enjoyed being with us . Couldn’t be happier and feel totally blessed :) So glad that Ping is happy and I hope my family like having him there too :)



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 PM

    congrats to ur bro.
    n can feel the happiness while reading abt yr trip. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sa: thank you on behalf from my brother :) hehehe i enjoyed the trip very much indeed hehehe

    ReplyDelete