Friday, March 16, 2007

a call

i received a call this morning..

me: hello

ds: hello, is that tasha?

(ain't u suppose to say, good morning, may i speak to tasha pls?make sure the good morning and PLEASE are there..that's d basic courtesy one must have especially when you are not talking to your fren and yes, especially when that person have not even the slightest idea why you called and who the heck are you. )

me: yes i am, wat can i do for you?

ds: my name is ds and i'm connie's colleague.

(ain't u suppose to say, hi , my name is ds .I'm calling from xxx magazine, and i am connie's colleague. Connie gave me your phone number and perhaps you can help me to do a simple street interview. First, she din explain who she is, second she din mention where is she from and lastly the big prob is, if it is a street interview, y r u calling me? i'm obviously in the office not on the street. Plus, how sure are you that i only have a fren by the name connie??)

me: ok...then?

ds: will you be going to sunway pyramid this sat?

me: i might be going to sunway lagoon with my frens but not to the pyramid.

ds: then can you pls bring as many frens as you can?

(ain't u suppose to say, I will be doing a street interview at sunway pyramid and i was wondering if you will be there this sat?

i think wat she actually meant was not street interview but rather a focus group...because she needs to know the number of frens tat i will be bringing for her to prepare her stuff.. if it is street interview, you jus have to do it LIVE, there's no one to call, make appointment with ppl and lastly instruct them to go all the way to sunway jus to let you do the interview with NO CHARGE AT ALL..
moreover, i do not OWE you any damn favor and so do my frens..my frens and I have no obligation to go to pyramid jus to meet up wit you and especially when you can't differentiate between focus group n street interview......or perhaps it is a street interview then it is your job to make it clear and explain to me at the very beginning on y you choose to call, make appointment and etc with interviewee and this is actually the process of what you mean by street interview)

me: huh?!! bringing my frens too?

ds: yes, what time will you be there? can you give me a specific time?

me: i'm not sure wat time we will go there, so i can't confirm with you on the time.

ds: but at least can you give me a time?

me: miss, i can't confirm d time for u as i said, i dunno wat time i'l be there..

ds: then i will be there around 10am and will stay for about 1-3 hours. y dun u call me when u r there?

(ain't you suppose to say, i will be there around 10am and will stay for about 1-3 hours but i will give you a call on sat morning to see if you will be somewhere around sunway at that time. Perhaps i can come and find you...

note, you dun ask an interviewee to call u, u call up to the interviewee bcox u r asking for a favor, u should do follow-up with your case..i dun mind helping, infact i wil try to help as much as i can bcox they are my fren's colleague, my fren's frens are my frens 2.....i have experiences helping my fren's colleague for interview too but if this is d way u r asking for a help..then forget it..sorry to my frens, u guys are great but i jus dun think i can help your fren..paiseh ya~)

me: huh?! call u? y dun you call me?

ds: ....oh mayb i'l call you again on sat.

me: ok, bye.

if this girl is to be in my so-called hell office, or even as my junior..she will not look good, trust me...

btw, i thought she is just a trainee but i jus happens to find out that the girl is actually an editor..

p/s: perhaps i've left the world of journalism too long...i no longer understand the process and style of it..so if i am wrong, please forgive me.. but, my stand is, i still think she should have explain more..

p/s 2: this is no good, my job has caused me to develope a bad habit which i call " the tendency to correct ppl and found that silly mistakes irritates me big time" ..

thanks to ah wong from my office..nowadays, keeping my temper and patient is getting harder..poor editor..but again those mistakes can hardly be accepted especially when they are from someone who is so rich with experiences, logically speaking..that's my stand.

p/s 3: to my frens, i hope i'm not to harsh on this..pls know that
if it is within my ability, my help will always be available for you guys..unless, u know..like this case..


3 comments:

  1. I am so going to be in pressure if I ever call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jason: kakaka i am not always that fierce..guess she's jus unlucky as i'm not in my best mood kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  3. hihi, long time did not hear from you, both busy like mad, actually i am quite agreed with you that as an interviewer, she should have explain more in order to let you understand what kind of help that she need from you, i think your stand is correct that is if she is to get help from you guys, she should have made an attempt to make it convenient for you and not the other way around, tasha, you get my support..haha

    ReplyDelete