Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dinner, kungfu n tat's all


Went with Ping to OneUtama last Friday. It was Ping’s last day of his holiday. It will also be the last day for the very few times where I can be with ping for more than a week.

Initially he took one week off to spend some time with me in Taiping and another few more days to go back to JB. But he ended up staying in KL with me. I am totally thrilled and am truly touched by his gesture.

Fetching me to work, fetching home from work, having dinner together, sharing jokes, talking and poking at each other at night before we went to bed. It’s especially nice to find someone sleeping next to you when you wake up in the morning, and feeling the blanket covering your body from cold when it rains at night. I had a wonderful ‘week’ with Ping being by my side.

That Friday, we went and try out Seoul BBQ at OneU. It is situated near to TGI Friday. Very far at the corner and there were few more restaurants and new boutiques there too. We decided to try it out since it will be 2 more hours before our movie ‘KungFu Panda’



It’s actually a ALL-YOU-CAN –EAT buffet restaurant. The meat there was pretty nice. Well marinated. We have fun doing some BBQ as I’ve always love BBQ and also a small pot of soup for steamboat at the middle of the BBQ tray. The soup comes in few flavour such as herbal, kimchi and if I’ve not mistaken chicken I think. We settled for herbal soup but it was not really that good. Should try kimchi next time round.

The variety was not really that much and to be honest, besides stuffing yourself with marinated chicken, roughly below is what I can remember correctly ( I hope)

1) 2 types of fish
2) 3-4 types of clams
3) 1 type of prawns which is prawn
4) 2-3 types of marinated beef
5) 2-3 kinds of noodles
6) Some kimchi
7) Some mixture of steamboat material like crab meat, fish ball, chicken ball, wanton, etc etc.. I can’t recall if I see sausages though.
8) 2 types of fruits ( watermelon n melon)
9) 1 type of salad (I can’t find any nice tomato/ purple coloured cabbages, peanuts/raisins/etc)
10) 3 desserts ( longan ,ice kacang and ice cream)
11) Few choices of drink with RM 4 extra charges per person ( honey green tea, peach tea, ice tea, carbonated drinks, plain water and one more…can’t remember)

It cost us about RM 90.80 with only one drink and plus government and service tax. I remember the other time when we went to a Korean restaurant to have a decent Korean dinner with rice and everything. It costs us much less than that. So you make your call.
But as I mentioned before, the marinated meat there was pretty nice. Well marinated. But a bit costly if we are looking at the variety.





After that, we went to watch Kungfu Panda and I guess I dun have to review anymore on that cause I think most of us has already watched it. I hope I can catch the Cantonese version next week though J I love it!



How I wish for many more week like last week. But anyhow, xie xie lao kong, wo hao xin fu o.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 PM

    so sweet.
    can see hearts and rainbows floating around in ur pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sa: hehehe yahor, mayb can modify the pic bit with stars n everything too hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:26 AM

    seoul garden rox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. smashpop: hahaha yea, the food, place n service is not just.. somehow not too impressing in terms of the variety~

    ReplyDelete
  5. smashpop: hahaha yea, the food, place n service is not bad just.. somehow not very impressing in terms of the variety~

    ReplyDelete