Tuesday, November 06, 2007

meeting his family..

Alright, I might not be meeting the in-laws but am going to see Ping’s whole family ( parents, brother, aunties, uncles, nephews, nieces and etc etc) next week during his uncle’s wedding.

I don’t want to appear sloppy or too casual. So am having a hard time wondering how should I wear..i have been searching for many online fashion websites but yet nothing seems to interest me..

Am looking for something that is not too flashy, not too tight and not too revealing yet, just nice, sweet and smart at the same time ( sweet and smart ?? is it possible?) erm…*scratch head*

I prefer dress though am having the thoughts to wear pants as well..but if pants I am wearing..what kinda top should I go for..i have problem finding tops as always cause

1) I cant’ wear sleeveless
2) I can’t wear those with lots of cuts, patterns, and flowers
3) I can’t find tops that are fitting enough cause i can never find something which reveal the wrist line (I HAVE OKIE!) and yet hiding the boobs.. everything just made them looked so oversized..sigh*

You see, there will be 2 session, one is in the morning and dinner in the evening. So I plan to wear pants in the morning but that will be the first impression that I am going to leave to his family. I’m not sure how his family would take me as, I mean, it’s natural that his family would prefer his girlfriend to be more girlish and less corporate. Pants tend to makes one looked more independent and less feminine. Or should I go for dress both morning and evening?

But if I am to wear dress in the morning, doesn’t it look a bit over-dressed? i mean, it will be hot and everything, pants would definitely be more comfortable. Or I’ll just stick to dress that will limit my movement while trying to find a place to stand from one place to another just like a moving ‘vase’..

*Sigh*

Headache la..

If there are any guys out there, who so happens to read my blog.. please let me know what a guys wishes his girlfriend to wear to meet his family..

And girls, time for you girls to show some supports and sisterhood spirit…HELP!!!!!!

Thanks~


p/s: btw, I dun have a 36-24-36 body figure..OH and also, should I wear make up in the morning? I simple, light and nude kinda make up will do, rite? Erm….

10 comments:

  1. So troublesome. Wear cheongsam lah. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. jason: aiks!!!no way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wear dress for both session. no worries, dress isn't that FORMAL la...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:03 PM

    I think you are thinking too much. Just be yourself. Dress a little nicer should be fine. Casual for daytime and a nice dress for nighttime.

    You want them to know the real you anyway, not the masked you. And I don't think dress or pants makes that much of a difference on their impression. It's how you carry yourself that matters.

    Still it's more appropriate to wear a dress for the dinner. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, am echoing what wendy-I said: pants for daytime and dress for nightime. For the pants, just pick a top that don't make you appear to be too sloppy or casual, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you need to buy dress (that's within 100bucks), i giv u a website and u pick the items, i'll ask the girl to send u dress to try..
    But i forgot the url, ask tml...let u know if u want~

    Between, dress for dinner is better, more presentable...while for daytime, erm..pick the one more feminine + elegant to neutralize the 'casual' jeans/pants

    ReplyDelete
  7. cryst: hey girl you r here~~ saw yr blog, lots of pretty clothes and also yr boutique hehe too bad your size is far too small than mine.. hehehe dress...erm...not very formal mar hor..saw lots of ppl with bareback and evrything at the supermarket today also..

    wendy: kakaka thinking too much is exactly who i am hehe but dunno leh~ guess wanna appear presentable ma..hopefully i'l watch my mouth more on that day..hehe now confirm dinner wear dress d..afternoon..mayb pants..

    chloe: u r copying wendy's and my words..haahahahha lol

    nee:thanks girl!! yea mayb can find something on yr website u said..erm..they got a boutique? perhaps can drop by..if you see anything let me know ya~

    THANKS GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!APPRECIATE..

    ReplyDelete
  8. gal, sorry...just read this post cox i was not here for few days...still sempat to gv u opinion? keke...my suggestion is just like what chloe and wendy-I said...wear pants for daytime n dress with simple cutting for nitetime. but the top during daytime must cant be too casual looked. then must with light make up for daytime and heavy (at least heavier a bit than daytime)make up for nite time...hehe...add oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. siloy: kakakaka never too late for u kakakaka.. yea, most prob so..will upload picturs (if i manage to take some for that day k~) wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaaaa...must be no problem to u wan lar...add oil ya ^^

    ReplyDelete